Radio production and imaging in Des Moines, Iowa. Fanatic of sports, music, and pop culture.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME



Thursday, December 13, 2012

What's Going on in Iowa City?



He only rushed for 122 yards last season.

He likely would have been 3rd on the depth chart next season.

He didn’t fit with the offensive scheme of Kirk Ferentz and Greg Davis.

The “next man in” at running back has always thrived.

The preceding four sentences are being used when discussing Greg Garmon’s transfer from the University of Iowa. They are all true statements, but they don’t really matter in the scheme of things. If this was the first, second, third, etc time that this has happened, it wouldn’t be a big deal, just another college kid who decided he wanted to be somewhere else. It happens every day at every school in the country. The problem is that it happens every year (sometimes multiple times in a year) at Iowa.

I don’t believe in much outside of coincidence. I’m not religious, I’m not superstitious, and I don’t believe in curses. The running back situation at Iowa over the past decade has gone beyond coincidence and beyond curse. There is something else going on.

I don’t know what it is and I don’t know who’s to blame. I do know that I’ve had enough and I want some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment